Saturday, June 21, 2008

More on Marketing with Kijiji

This is crazy. I'm still going back and forth with the "Support" people from Kijiji about why they deleted my ad. It's been a week and I still don't know what the problem was.

To recap, I placed an ad on Kijiji (a "Free" ad posting site) offering a free report in the Sales | Other category. I don't remember exactly what the Ad Copy said, but the gist of the report is that it covers a strategy where you can make money online even with no product of your own to sell. I said as much in the ad and provided a link where people would enter their name and email address and I send the report by return email.

2 different people in Kijiji's "Support Organization" continue to tell me that my JOB AD is too vague or doesn't describe what the job entails. HUH?!?

So it's okay to give away free kittens and puppies on Kijiji, but not to offer free information, delivered by e-mail.

And everytime I've asked 'Why" or what the specific problem is, I get clips from their policy statement regarding Job Postings... which doesn't have anything to do with the ad I posted.

Well... Kijiji is a free service... unless you count all the time and stress involved in trying to get an ad posted and/or get a simple straight answer from their support group.

You get what you paid for.

Remember that going forward. I will be reviewing free and for-pay products as I move forward. In this case, and I'm sure there will be more, it's DEFINITELY better to find an established, reputable organization, and you just might have to pay for it. The difference will be in the support you receive when issues arise.

The first task of a Customer Support professional is to understand the customer's issue. The fact that 5 days later they still think my issue is with a Job Ad when I've told them it was a Sales Ad a number of times is a HUGE RED FLAG.