Friday, June 20, 2008

STEP 1: HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN!!!!! (Transferred)

STEP 1: HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN!!!!!
06/14/2008

Well...  I made my first mistake today.  It wasn't a HUGE deal, but it was irritating.

What did I learn? 

STEP 1:  HAVE A BACK-UP PLAN!!!!!


I sat down this morning and whipped out a nice long blog post - I was excited and feeling good about what I'm doing.  I was really pleased with my post. 

So I saved it... and... 

HORROR OF HORRORS!!! 

My ISP ate my blog post.

It was GONE!!

I was BUMMED OUT!!  It was a good post and it's gone.  But I'll get over it.

What's the result?  I'm saving my post multiple times as I write it, and I'm saving off the text to my clipboard before I click the [Save] button, lest my another post disappear.

It's funny, but I'm still feeling pretty good about things.

That's one mistake, out of the way!  I know there's going to be mistakes between "Poor Mike" and "Financially-Free Mike".  The quicker I get them out of the way, the sooner I get to the top of the mountain.