Friday, June 20, 2008

Take a breath... (Transferred)

Take a breath...
06/19/2008


Well, I guess I sorta hit a wall.  That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a little inconvenient.

  When I began this venture, I simply knew that I wanted needed to do something... ANYthing to try to fix my situation.  It began with an online MLM that I got involved with.  After spending a little time with that, it seemed the natural progression is to expand it into other areas online and do as much as I could.  Heh-heh-heh...  I had no idea what I was doing.  I started gathering all sorts of info about getting this type of business started.  I read a bunch of stuff and tried to get rolling on it before I really knew where all the pieces fit. 

But then I finally found Mike Rasmussen's MiniSiteProfits Exposed videos. I've only watched them a couple of times so far (there's 12.  15 if you get the Delux set) but they really helped me to put this project into perspective and the videos gave me a much better roadmap for how to get this up and productive in the shortest amount of time.

I’ve still been trying to do what I can, at this level of knowledge.  I decided to start trying to build a mailing list, so I went out to this free ad website I found – Kijiji.  I posted an ad in their Sales | Other category offering a free report to download.  I included a link and people could click the link and get the report if they would enter a name and e-mail address.  No big deal… or so I thought. 

Turns out Kijiji declined my ad.  I asked why and got an e-mail back with a list of various unconnected reasons why an ad might be declined.  So I asked for specifics.  I got another e-mail telling me my job ad was too vague.  That’s right…  my Job Ad. (Please refer to the previous paragraph for a description of the ad I placed.)

  Hmmm…


 I almost went back and posted another ad, but then I thought about it…  This is Kijiji’s support organization that I am dealing with:
1.  They arbitrarily deleted my ad
2.  They didn’t know why
3.  They didn’t even know what they were deleting. 


I decided I don’t need that kinda stress.  I’m trying to build a business here.  I want people working WITH me, not AGAINST me.  So Kijiji is OUT! Remember when I told you that I wanted to make the mistakes so you don’t have to?  I hope you’re taking notes.  Kijiji = Mistake. 

Till next time…

Mike